lunes, mayo 28, 2007

Fixing Psyche

I was reading the classic text Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs and I tried to find an article that I read some time ago called Python for Lisp Programmers and after some googling I found Psyche, a Scheme interpreter written in Python.
Psyche allows you to embed a Scheme interpreter into Python programs but its a little old; it has been several years since its last release so I didn't expect to work with a more recent version of Python, I downloaded it anyway and I tried to install it, of course it didn't work but thanks to the wonderful Python shell and Psyche's great documentation I managed to fix the problem. Psyche depends on Plex, a lexical analysis module, so I downloaded the version 1.1.5, I put it in Psyche's directory, replacing the old version and everything just worked out. Now I have Psyche running with Python 2.4 :D

No hay comentarios.: